Did you know that our skin is the largest organ in our body, which can regenerate on its own on a daily basis. The condition of our skin tells us how healthy we are.
We all keep on caring for our skin by applying lotions and creams to keep them soft and supple.
Just like other organs get affected there are different types of skin related diseases.
One such skin related disease is called Psoriasis. We all might be very familiar with this term.
So let’s see what are the causes, symptoms and homeopathic treatment for it.
What is Psoriasis?
It is one of the most persistent skin disorder which is extremely irritating and unpredictable. This is considered to be an autoimmune disease. The skin cells multiply upto 10 times faster in this condition. So the cells reach the skin surface and die, that is what we see white scales and red plaques on the skin’s surface. It basically occurs on the knees, elbows, scalp, torso, palms, and soles of the feet.
Symptoms Of Psoriasis
The symptoms of Psoriasis includes:
- White scaly skin on scalp, knees and elbow
- Red plaques on the skin
- Cracked skin
- Pain in the joints
- Depression of affected skin
- Joint stiffness
Types Of Psoriasis
There are five types of psoriasis:
- Plaque: Type of psoriasis that appears on elbow, knee, lower back and scalp.
- Guttate: Red spots appear on torso and limbs but it may appear on face and scalp as well.
- Inverse: It basically appears on skinfolds such as armpits, groin and under the breasts.
- Pustular: It appears on hands and feet.
- Erythrodermic: A rare type of psoriasis which appears like burns over a large portion on the skin.
- Palomar-plantar Pustulosis: it occurs in the sides of the heel or base of the thumb that turn brown and peel off.
- Nail psoriasis: it affects the fingernails and toenails
Causes For Psoriasis
The exact reason for psoriasis is still unknown to researchers and doctors but some factors that result to psoriasis are
- Genetic: If somebody in your family has psoriasis there are chances that you can also develop it because it has a genetic link
- Environmental triggers: Some of the factors in the environment lead to psoriasis that includes stress, infection, cold weather, injury and certain medications.
- Immune system: the main role of immune system is to protect our body but in this condition it becomes overactive and kills the healthy cells.
- Smoking and alcohol consumption
Homeopathic Treatments For Psoriasis
Homeopathy is the best treatment as it cures the disease entirely without any side effects. There are homeopathic medicines that provide relief from this condition with regular use Some of the homeopathic medications are as follows:
- Carcinosin: this is used to treat people who gets psoriasis due to genetics.
- Kali arsenicum: this treatment is prescribed for people with severe itching.
- Graphites: it helps in treating persistent skin dryness.
- Mezereum: this helps in treating skin and scalp psoriasis.
- Kali Suphuricum: treatiment for sever itching.
- Calendula: this helps in reducing the inflammation that is caused due to psoriasis.
- Kali brom
- Rhus toxicodendron
- Arsenic album
- Apis mellifica
If you are suffering from psoriasis, along with homeopathic medication, you will also need to keep a check on your diet. Food, such as flax seeds, olive oil, pumpkin seeds and walnuts which are rich in Omega 3s is essential during the time. Along with the foot, moisturizing the part of your dry skin with petroleum jelly and olive oil often helps immensely in psoriasis treatment.
If you are a victim of psoriasis don’t worry, we have the best doctors to treat it and make your skin feel good. But this would be only possible with the right choice of doctor. The doctors at Master’s Homeopathy are here to help you out.
ABOUT THE CLINIC:
Masters Homeopathy is a network of world-class premium Homeopathic clinics in both Telugu states. Masters Homeopathy is committed to providing advanced Homeopathic Treatments enriched with decades of rich experience, and expertise in treating various diseases. Masters Homeopathy clinic utilises world class techniques, advanced technology and updated software for effective treatment of diseases without any side effects.