Are you above the age of sixty?
It’s a great thing because you are now wise and know the ways of the world.
But, this also means that you’re ageing and your bones might not be happy about it. With time, your body ages too, with your skin wrinkling up a bit and your bones becoming weak. This is the age when you should not ignore symptoms of any illness, especially an ache.
So, if you have an ache near your neck area, do not attribute it to wrong posture or too much time spent looking at your phone. Neck pain could often be an indicator of cervical spondylitis, a condition that stems from weakened and brittle bones in your cervical or neck area.
Understanding Cervical Spondylitis
Also known as neck spondylitis, this condition is caused because of problems in the joints and discs of your cervical portion of the spine, which is in your neck. This is usually an age related disease, commonly found in people above the age of 60. Weakened ligaments tend to tear with age, which is why, even though young people could also suffer from it, yet, largely, only slightly older people are expected to have this condition.
Why Does It Happen?
Like mentioned above, with age, your cervical joints and discs are bound to go through some wear and tear. That’s one of the largest contributing factors towards cervical spondylitis. However, there are more factors that could causes this disease.
- Bone growths: Medically they are known as bone spurs, which the body makes to ensure that your bones get the support they need. This could have been a great mechanism by the body, had one of the side effects not been pain. These extra growths can often press on sensitive areas of your spine like the nerves, causing you to have cervical spondylitis.
- Problematic discs: If you have a dehydrated or herniated disc, then you might be looking at a potential cause for cervical spondylitis.
- Injuries: Any fall or injury to your neck can expose your cervical region to tears and problems, which could very well act like a cause for this condition.
Are You At Risk?
Let’s go back to the first line of this blog. If you have said a yes to the first question, then you have the possibility of having cervical spondylitis. However, it’s not just age that’s a risk factor here. There are several other reasons that could put you at risk.
- Are you overweight? Answer this honestly. If you are overweight, it doesn’t just lead to a host of other diseases, but can also put you at risk for cervical spondylitis.
- Do you smoke? If yes, listen to what everybody is telling you and get rid of the habit because, as you guessed it right, smoking is also a risk factor as far as the condition goes.
- It could be in your genes. If there’s somebody in your family tree who has cervical spondylitis, then sorry to say, you could be at risk, too.
- If your work requires minute concentration, requires you to carry loads on your head, or involves dancing and other movements, you could have the problem.
- Congenital factors like cerebral palsy, Down Syndrome and fused spines could also increase risk.
Now, if you have neck pain, here are a few tips for you:
- Sleep on a firm mattress and thin pillow.
- Take frequent breaks while doing something strenuous.
- Manage your sleep position. Do not turn on one side while trying to get up.
- Avoid bad roads.
- Do not bend your neck continuously.
- Don’t use too many pillows
What To Do If You Have Cervical Spondylitis?
The obvious answer to this question is to get it treated, but that’s only possible when you choose the right doctor. While most conventional doctors will suggest medications for milder pains and surgeries for the advanced stage, there definitely is a painless and more effective way to take control of the situation.
Turn towards homeopathy.
Even though it might seem like second option, once you go ahead and take homeopathic remedies for cervical spondylitis, you will not want to go back to conventional treatments again. Such is the power of natural medications that aim at relieving your problem from the root, rather than giving temporary solutions that lead to relapse of the painful condition.
Why Choose Homeopathy?
Homeopathy as form of medicine aims at treating the health condition from the root. Since cervical spondylitis is mostly an age-related condition, the treatment methods shouldn’t be very harsh or pain inducing. Since it’s completely natural, you can be rest assured that there will be no side effects whatsoever. The best part about it is the fact that it will not impact other medicaThat’s where homeopathy wins.tions that you might be on (for diabetes, blood pressure etc) in any way. It’s pain-free, permanent and promises you to be relieved from your problem completely.
So,what are you waiting for? If you have this problem, or know somebody who is suffering from it, please walk into Master’s Homeopathy for a long-lasting, natural relief.
ABOUT THE CLINIC:
Masters Homeopathy is a network of world-class premium Homeopathic clinics in both Telugu states. Masters Homeopathy is committed to providing advanced Homeopathic Treatments enriched with decades of rich experience, and expertise in treating various diseases. Masters Homeopathy clinic utilises world class techniques, advanced technology and updated software for effective treatment of diseases without any side effects.